Chosspile at Harties is safe and open for business again.
The response to my Climbing Barn invite has been low so I would rather go and climb on real rock. So I am using some creative freedom and changing the location LOL
Everyone is welcome to join me at Chosspile this Saturday. Lets meet there at 9:30
The entrance procedure on the website is a bit confusing and I had a fearful moment because it sounded (read) that non recognized climbing club members are not allowed entry. So what about all my buddies????
Hahahahahahaha ……. I checked up and to clarify:
- EVERYONE is welcome but the recognized clubs gets a discount. I am assuming it is because they did all the work and sponsored the money to get this crag safe again for the rest of us.
- R 30pp entrance for Members of MCSA, SANCF and Student Clubs (R55 if you want to use the Mount Amanzi facilities)
- R30- 1st guest or non-member accompanying a member
- R55- for all others. (This is the Mount Amanzi entrance fee plus R5-.) This is also the fee if climbers want to make use of pool and restaurant facilities at Mount Amanzi.
Procedure for climbers or walkers at Chosspile
- Every person must first report to Mount Amanzi and sign the indemnity
- Those who buy year passes must have their name on the list. Their pass expires when the date expires.
- There is a guard at the crags who gets R5 per visitor, you may tip him additionally if you wish.
Please stick to these rules to keep the access open and the crag safe.
See you there
P.S. I don’t have club gear with me!! If you don’t have gear you have to let me know so I can try to organize something for you or point you in the right direction (I am not sure where the gear is at the moment)